Health and wellness are easier than you imagined
Living a healthy lifestyle at Lakewood is easy and fun. No matter what your fitness level, we offer a variety of opportunities to maintain and improve your health in a friendly, encouraging environment. With our active retirement lifestyle and so many options to choose from, staying physically fit and living actively comes naturally. Here, you’ll find:
- A fitness center for strength and cardio training with staff certified and trained to assist you with equipment, technique, and individualized fitness programs.
- Group exercise classes like Salsa, Zumba, Tai Chi, Gait and Balance, and more.
- Convenient to area golf courses such as the Richmond Country Club and the Patterson Golf and Sports park.*
- Scenic walking trails, fishing, kayaking, and canoeing opportunities at many nearby parks and recreation areas that have active access to the James River.*
- A convenient on-site Health Clinic with licensed nurses on staff, a pharmacy, and which offers preventative screenings and health checks.
- On-site therapy services provided by an experienced rehabilitation team of licensed physical, occupational, and speech therapists. Each service is custom designed to suit individual resident needs.
- Massage therapy services designed to relax the muscles and joints are available by appointment. *
*May require an additional fee